1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Post-Judgment Modifications And Enforcement

Post-Judgment Modifications And Enforcement

Photo of Robert A. Skovgaard

In some cases, you may need to change certain parts of the divorce judgment or go back to court to enforce your rights under the judgment. You may also need to take these actions before the divorce has become final.

Unless your original agreement or court order prohibits modifications or unless there was initially no alimony ordered, alimony can be modified. Child support can, almost always, be changed. Modifications are based on substantial changes in circumstances. It is important to remember that all modifications must be reviewed and approved by the court, or they are not legally enforceable. If you and your ex-spouse agree on a change to the terms of your divorce decree, be sure to have a court review and approve it.

There may be times when you need to return to court to get alimony and child support paid as it is supposed to be. You may also need the court to enforce your custody, visitation and parental rights if your ex-spouse is not abiding by the terms of the court orders.

For more detailed information regarding any of these areas, check the appropriate link below. You may contact me by email, or call me at 203-883-4506 to schedule a free initial consultation.